- The department has seven well furnished classrooms with ICT facilities to facilitate learning and discussions.
- Department has its own library containing books for all subjects and current areas of Chemical Engineering.
- The department has Two Seminar hall (Capacity: 30 & 60). Both of them are equipped with ceiling-mounted LCD projector, and wireless audio system. It is used for conducting classes, seminars and distinguished lectures.
- Department has a dedicated computer center: 24x7 high speed (30 MBPS) internet access, computation lab with 40 PCs, Software like UniSim, CHEMCAD, PHAST MICRO, ASPENPLUS, CHARMS, DesignXpert and Ansys/Fluent. All the computing facilities of the dept are supported by 3 x 10 KVA UPS power back up systems.
Mass Transfer Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with air dryer, packed bed distillation unit, batch distillation unit, steam distillation unit, orbital shaker, leaching and extraction appartus, hot air ovan, fluidized bed dryer, wetted wall column, spray tower, forced draft tray dryer, batch crystallizer, peristaltic pumps, electronic and mechanical balances and other ancillaries.
Heat Transfer Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with air compressor, Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger, Electrically Heated Boiler, Parallel flow / counter flow/Double pipe heat exchanger, Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Apparatus, Forced Convection Heat Transfer apparatus, Stefan boltzman apparatus, Thermal conductivity of insulating Powders apparatus, Thermal conductivity of liquids apparatus, Horizontal Condenser & Vertical Condenser, Plate heat exchanger and other ancillaries.
Momentum Transfer Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with air blower, centrifugal pumps, venturimeter, flow through pipe apparatus, pitottube apparatus, orifice meter and other laboratory scale equipment and ancillaries.
Mechanical Operations Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with ball mill, various types of crushers, silos, various type of sieves and other ancillaries.
Chemical Reaction Engineering Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with Constant temperature bath,Gas flow meter,centrifugal pumps, Rotary shakers,batch reactor, plug flow reactor, packed bed reactor, stirred tank reactor, Multi range conductivity meter , Bench Top Fermenter and other ancillaries.
Process Dynamics and Control Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped with level controller, flow controller, temperature controller and other ancillaries.
Industrial Biotechnology Laboratory
The laboratory is equipped with all necessary equipment required for research in the area of industrial biotechnology, such as, laminar flow chambers, orbital shakers, cooling centrifuges, hot air oven, membrane separation units, 2L, 5L and 14L fermenters, UV-Visible spectrophotometers, sonicators, microwave ovens, refrigerators, deep freezers, PCR cycler, electrophoresis units, and other ancillaries.
Advanced Instrumentation Laboratory
The laboratory is equipped with advanced instruments such as GC, GC-MS, AAS, TG-DTA, DSC-TG and HPLC. The Department received fund from FIST phase II to accommodate LC-MS, ICP-OES, FPLC, nanoparticles and Zeta potential analyser.
Industrial Pollution Control Laboratory
Quality Testing Laboratory
The laboratory is equipped with all necessary equipment/instruments required for analysis and research in the area of pollution control such as, particle sampler, T.OC. analyzer, B.O.D. analyzer, D.O. meter, pH meter, orbital shakers, cooling centrifuge, vacuum filtration unit and other ancillaries.
The laboratory is equipped with all necessary equipment and analytical instruments required for quality testing of solid/liquid and gaseous samples, such as, pH meter, D.O. meter, particle sampler, UV-Visible spectrophotometer, GasChromatography System, Kjeldahl apparatus, B.O.D. incubator, C.O.D. digester and other ancillaries.
- Nanoparticle Sizer
- Fermentor (2L, 3L, 14L)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography system (HPLC) with UV, RI and ELSI decetors
- Reverse Osmosis Water Purifying System
- Surface Area Analyzer
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer with Graphite Furnace (AAS)
- DSC and TGA
- TG -DTA
- UV Visible Spectrometer
- Gas Chromatography system (GC)
- Total Organic Carbon Analyzer (TOC)
- Nanodrop Photospectrometer
- Ion Chromatography system
- Microwave Digestor
- Refrigerated Centrifuges
- Digital Density meter
- Digital refractro meter
- Various conventional chemical and bio reactor/ equipment.