The NITK Chemical Engineering Department offers the B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) course to students from not only all around the country, but also abroad. Started in the Year 1965 No. of Seats : 46 (IITJEE) + 9 (DASA)
Program Outcomes (POs)
On successful completion of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering programme, the graduates will have
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and Chemical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions
- an ability to design a process to meet desired performance specifications with appropriate consideration for public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations
- an ability to function effectively as an individual and as member in a team.
- an ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering methods and tools, including prediction and modelling to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems with understanding of limitations.
- an ability to understand contemporary issues and apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and recognize their professional and ethical responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice
- an ability to communicate proficiently in written and oral form on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- an ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in a societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- an ability to engage in life-long learning
- an ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Advance professionally in the practice of chemical engineering in chemical, petrochemical, fertilizer, pharmaceutical, polymer, materials, biotechnology, energy and other related industries or allied fields.
- Advance professionally in their chosen career path, wherein they apply the communicative, logical, analytical, computational or problem solving skills developed during their graduate study to their professional practice fulfilling the ethical and social responsibilities.
- Successfully collaborate and work in multidisciplinary teams to tackle complex multifaceted problems.
- Pursue advanced studies and research in Chemical or other related engineering fields, biotechnology and management
- Assume leadership roles in industry or business in the context of societal needs